Thursday 6 May 2010

Thursday

I've bought a tiny moleskine, just a bit smaller than A5 size, and it's for some illustrations for this project. I'm calling it:

"The Tiny Book of Illustration"

I'm going to fill it with drawings from different locations I have visited for this project, and I will draw from photographs I have taken on my travels to desolate urban environments and from my 'Urbex' days.

Urbex is still something I haven't mentioned yet in my work...and there's a good reason for that - I'm saving it! So far I've only concentrated on town centres, I want to explore the move out to abandoned places which have been left as they are for decades at a time. Even if i don't use it for my final piece, it's still an integral part to my project, as outlined in my Statement of Intent. I need to explore it, and it just so happens to be my hobby, that really does go hand in hand. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment