Wednesday 12 May 2010

Wednesday

It's been a pretty relaxed day today, I've been taking my sweet time over a few pages in my moleskine about Tilt Shift Photography



I've been doing a little bit of photo analysis: writing about the photo's and how I feel about them. I think it's a really interesting photographic technique, and I've learnt you can 'fake' tilt shift images in Photoshop, rather than using a camera which physically moves parts of it's insides to achieve the desired affect. In Photoshop it's only a really simply process, select an area, apply a little bit of lens blur to the top and the bottom, and bump up the saturation of the colours a little bit and it's all there, a really good faked tilt shift image. I've done a few myself, which I admit aren't very good - I found that it's better to get photographs of things from a high perspective, like looking down onto the street below looking at the cars and the people while hanging out the window of a tall office building. This way the tilt shift look really comes into it's own and looks really good. The tilt shift process doesn't really look too great on landscapes, but however it does look amazing on waterfalls.

I'll include some of the images I've done from my own photos in this blog post, even if they aren't brilliant it still gives you proof that I've given it a go and I do plan on revisiting it even though it isn't amazingly applicable to my project as it stands. Here you go:

[Insert my own tilt shift images here]

No comments:

Post a Comment