Thursday 13 May 2010

Thursday

CAMERA TOSS!







Again, today I have spent a good amount of time looking at another photographic process which isn't related to my project on first glance, but with a little bit of thought I know it was extremely relevant. It's basically light painting, which is taking a long exposure of a light source in an otherwise dark environment. These marks and swirls on the photo are usually a by-product of a wobbly tripod or a shaky hand while taking photos in dim or pitch black environments and photographers usually try their hardest to minimise these effects. But Camera Tossing is harnessing these imperfections and playing them as a strength, and I can safely say I love the results I have seen on the blog link above, so i thought I would give it a go in my own time.

I was extremely pleased with the results, they were better than I expected. I experimented by making my own images in Photoshop, then displaying them full size on my computer monitor in an otherwise totally dark room with no other light sources (I had to blu-tac all of the annoying lights all over my computer to stop them shining). All in all I made about 15 different images. The ones with one or two colours were the best, the ones which were just white shapes lacked in beauty. Saying that one of my favourite ones was just a white rectangle on the screen. Simple, but very effective. Take a look at some of my favourite images from last night's photo shoot:

[Insert 5 - 6 images of my own here, favourite ones]

Still no news on my Green Light though...

No comments:

Post a Comment